단축키

Prev이전 문서

Next다음 문서

크게 작게 위로 아래로 댓글로 가기 인쇄 첨부

13FLEX_kai_back_970_0.jpg

Studio%20Session-1663.jpg

Studio%20Session-1674.jpg

1. WARMUP 

The most unorthodox aspect of Greene’s back training is evident before the workout even begins, when he warms up for 15 minutes with trisets of various exercises, including bent over dumbbell rear laterals (which focus on the rear deltoids), upright rows (which focus on the traps),and dips (which target the chest as well as the front delts and triceps). In one workout we observed, he did six warmup exercises: trisets of wide-grip pullups, dips, and parallel-grip pullups followed by trisets of rear laterals, upright rows, and straight-arm pulldowns. Weights are kept light, and the sets fall well short of failure.“This is just to get the blood flowing and get my mind into it and kick things off,” he says of the warmup exercise selection. Greene never thinks of one bodypart in isolation. He’s always focused on the complete picture of his physique, thus he’ll include dips with pullups, and he’ll string together work for rear delts and traps with lats. “I’m always thinking of different ways of contracting my muscles and getting the most effective rear double biceps and rear lat spread.”

2. EXERCISE SELECTION: Another purpose of Greene’s warmup trisets is to feel how his various muscles are working together. This helps determine which exercises he’ll select and in what order he’ll perform them. Before he enters the gym, he has a rough idea of how the workout will go. As he warms up, it comes into focus. “I’m not doing the warm ups just to go through the motions. I’m focused on the task ahead of me. I’m taking a mental inventory, to work my back from the top of my traps all the way down my spine to just above my glutes.The feedback I get from my body determines what exercises I do and in what order I choose to do them.” Lately, he’s been selecting more rows (mostly for thickness) than pulldowns and chins (mostly for width). This is because his low-hanging lats fan out like a golf umbrella. He doesn’t need more width, but he wants more upper-back density.

3. WEIGHT  

Greene is ludicrously strong. We've watched him rep out 495-poundbench presses. But, especially when it comes to back, he’s more concerned with the feeling of his muscles working than the amount of metal he moves. “I go by feel. Rather than have to lift a house or the entire gym, I figured it was better to be led by feel and try to make some really sharp connections with the muscles I’m trying to hit. The weight is just a tool. If you’re trying to hammer a nail, do you focus on the hammeror the nail? You better focus on the thing you’re trying to hit—the nail— and not the tool for hitting that thing—the hammer. It’s the same with bodybuilding training. Focus on the thing you’re trying to hit, your muscle, and not the tool for hitting that thing, the weight.”

4. REPS  

As with most of the factors in Greene’s back workouts, the amount of reps he does each set is largely a matter of feel. He rarely goes under 10, but he may do more than 20. “It just depends on how I feel,” Greene says. “I don’t go into a set knowing precisely how many reps I want to get because I don’t want to set limits on what I can achieve. I go by feel, and I let my muscles determine how many reps I get without my mind telling them what they can and can’t do. Your muscles are capable of so much more than your mind imagines.”

5. CONTRACTIONS  

“When I’m doing machine rows, I’m thinking about the contractions. I can control machine rows better and focus more on the contractions than I can when I do barbell rows. I do barbell rows, but I’ve been emphasizing machine rows morerecently because I want to isolate my inner lats, middle traps, and rear delts more. Those are my target areas, and you hit those more by pulling your elbows back as far as possible on rows and getting those really strong contractions that you can feel down deep in the fibers.”

6. STRETCH 

Greene also emphasizes the stretches of each rep. This is especially true of the one-arm dumbbell row, where he has no regard for how much weight he uses but instead turns it into a supreme isolation exercise. He gets a full stretch on each rep so he feels a tug on the muscles of his middle back (lower traps). “While doing the one-arm dumbbell rows, my traps and rear delts can work a lot, and I’m doing this movement primarily to address the need for development in those areas,” he explains. “I don’t do any half reps. A lot of people cut out the contractions and stretches and work that middle area of reps. To me, the stretches and contractions are the hardest parts of reps, especially when training back. So I always put a special emphasis on the stretches at the start of reps and the contractions at the end of reps.”

7. MIND-MUSCLE CONNECTION  

This is a crucial component of all Greene’s workouts, and it’s vitally important when training back because you typically can’t see the muscles working. Instead, you have to feel them working. “The mind- muscle connection is the No. 1 factor in training. You develop it over time by posing your muscle, and also by paying close attention to how your muscles feel when you work them. Eventually, you get to where your mind can read the feedback your muscles are providing, and your muscles can react to the stimulus your mind is providing. Practice posing between sets or anytime. And feel your muscles working throughout your sets. Eventually, your mind and muscles will speak the same language and communicate back and forth.”

8. ISO-TENSION  

Posing isn’t just crucial for the mind-muscle connection, it’s also a form of exercise. “I’ll often flex my muscles between sets. That iso-tension effect lets me hit muscle fibers that the set may miss, and it lets me target those muscle fibers in my next set. Posing isn’t just something you do on a stage in front of an audience. It should be part of your bodybuilding program for hitting those areas like the inner lats, rhomboids, and rear delts. Sometimes the best way to really activate those muscles is to consciously flex them during a set, after a set, and after your workout.”

9. SYNERGY  

Greene typically ends his back workouts with deadlifts. Because his back is already pre-exhausted by his other exercises and because he does 12–15 reps per set, he needs to go up to only 405 pounds on deads. “I’m not trying to lift the whole gym,” he says.“I’m just trying to work the muscles I’m targeting that day. I think about my spinal erectors. I think about my lats. I think about my traps and rear delts. For most people, deadlifts are just about picking up a weight and putting it down. But for me it’s about working my backfrom the top to the bottom and getting the muscles to work synergistically. My whole back comes alive during deadlifts, and I’m able to contract very intensely with each rep. I like to put it at the end of my workout because it allows me, while doing each rep, to mentally walk through and revisit every muscle that I’ve trained in the back routine before then.”

10. VISUALIZATION   

This is a crucial component to every Greene workout. He visualizes how sets will progress as well as how he wants his muscles to grow over time.“Visualization is an essential bodybuilding tool, but also an essentialtool for success for life in general,” he explains. “In order to achieve something great you first have to be able to see yourself achieving that thing.”What Greene is visualizing before and during every back workout is the next time he will be standing on stage with his back to the judges and strikes a rear double biceps followed by a rear lat spread. He’s visualizing the new muscle, new separation between the muscles, new details in the muscles. He’s visualizing winning what are generally regarded as the two most crucial poses inany bodybuilding contest—the rearshots. He’s visualizing a triumph that results in him being the last man standing

- See more at: http://www.flexonline.com/training/kais-10-big-back-principles?page=10#sthash.8cc9UZ94.dpuf

1. notice

문관장 유투브 채널 바로가기

유투브 채널 주소 https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGuN1dYX5SGNCeT3RxhLYlw
    Date2021.10.07 Byflexmun Views1212
    read more
  2. 만성피로도 병이다....유산소 운동이 특효약

잠이 자꾸 쏟아지고 짜증이 나거나 두통, 근육통, 허리통 등이 나타난다면 ‘만성피로증후군’을 의심해볼 수 있다. 만성피로와 만성피로증후군을 혼동하는 경우가 많은데, 만성피로는 ‘증상’이고, 만성피로증후군은 만성피로를 비롯한 여러 증상들이 나타나는 ‘...
    Date2019.01.25 Byflexmun Views177
    Read More
  3. 홈트레이닝 올바른 자세가 중요하다

각종 운동 어플과 운동 소도구들이 등장하면서 집에서 운동하기 좋은 ‘홈트레이닝 시대’가 열렸다. 그런데 혼자 운동을 하다보면 제대로 하고 있는 건지 의문이 들 때가 있다. 특히 운동 효과가 거의 나타나지 않는다면 자세나 강도 등에 문제가 있을 확률이 ...
    Date2019.01.24 Byflexmun Views232
    Read More
  4. 걸음걸이만 봐도 건강상태를 체크할수 있다.

걸음을 걷는 모양새, 즉 걸음걸이를 보면 건강 상태를 알 수 있다. 걸을 때는 얼굴을 바로 들고 앞을 향하고, 등을 곧게 펴고 배를 끌어당기며, 뒤쪽 다리의 무릎을 펴는 듯 걷는 등 바른 자세를 유지해야 한다. 이와 관련해 ‘프리벤션닷컴’이 걸음걸이로 보는...
    Date2019.01.23 Byflexmun Views283
    Read More
  5. 조금이라도 앉아 있는 시간을 줄이면 장수에 도움된다.

매일 앉아 있는 시간을 조금씩만 줄여도 장수에 도움이 되는 것으로 나타났다. 미국 컬럼비아 대학교 행동 의학과 연구팀은 45세 이상의 미국인 8000여명을 대상으로 연구를 진행했다. 연구팀은 2009~2013년 동안 이들에게 최소한 4일 이상 모니터 기기를 착용...
    Date2019.01.16 Byflexmun Views103
    Read More
  6. 근육운동을 하면 추위를 덜탄다.

뚱뚱한 사람은 추위를 덜 탄다. 체내 지방이 보온효과를 일으키기 때문이다. 그렇다면 근육은 추위와 무관할까? 그렇지 않다. 최근 연구에 의하면 근육운동도 열심히 해야 추위를 보다 잘 견딜 수 있다. 날씨가 추우면 온몸이 덜덜 떨린다. 열을 생성하기 위한...
    Date2019.01.09 Byflexmun Views805
    Read More
  7. 암환자도 꼭 해야하는 운동이 바로 근력운동이다.

암 환자가 하루 종일 누워 지내면 암 자체 뿐 아니라 신체 기능 저하로 위험해진다. 의사들이 항암치료 외에 운동처방을 내리는 것은 암 환자의 회복에 도움이 되기 때문이다. 암 환자도 운동을 해야 하는 이유는 무엇일까? ♦ 근육이 생명줄이다 우리 몸의 근...
    Date2019.01.08 Byflexmun Views284
    Read More
  8. 2019년 운동을 해야하는 이유 10가지

운동은 날씬한 몸매를 갖게 해 줄뿐만 아니라 힘, 근지구력, 심장, 유연성 등을 향상시켜 삶의 질 전반을 개선하는 기능을 한다. ‘허프포스트’가 운동을 통해 얻을 수 있는 이점 10가지를 소개했다. 1. 혈압을 낮춘다 혈관 내에 불필요한 물질이 쌓이면 혈압이...
    Date2019.01.02 Byflexmun Views166
    Read More
  9. 겨울철 체중 증가를 쉽게 막는방법

겨울철에는 열량 소모가 여름보다 더 많이 된다. 땀이 흘러나오는 여름에 열량 소모가 많을 것 같지만 겨울에는 체온을 유지하기 위한 발열 때문에 몸 안에서 열량을 많이 쓰기 때문이다. 이 때문에 겨울에는 고칼로리, 고지방 음식을 더 찾게 되는 데 이때 이...
    Date2018.12.24 Byflexmun Views181
    Read More
  10. 운동 혈압약만큼 효과 있다.

운동이 혈압을 낮추는데 있어 약과 비슷한 효과가 있는 것으로 나타났다. 영국 런던정치경제대학교(LSE) 연구팀은 혈압 강하제를 복용한 194명과 운동 요법을 실시한 197명의 임상 실험 자료를 분석했다. 이 실험은 수축기 혈압(최대 혈압)을 낮추는데 초점을 ...
    Date2018.12.21 Byflexmun Views275
    Read More
  11. 성격별로 다이어트 방법을 달리해야 한다.

살을 뺄 때 고려해야할 사항은 크게 두 가지다. 하나는 신체 활동, 또 다른 하나는 식이요법이다. 그런데 여기에 한 가지를 더 추가해야 한다. 바로 성격이다. 성격도 다이어트에 상당한 영향을 미친다. 성격은 잘 변하지는 않는 성질이 있다. 따라서 다이어트...
    Date2018.12.17 Byflexmun Views155
    Read More
Board Pagination Prev 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 88 Next
/ 88
위로